Friday, March 7, 2014

employee of the month ????? I think not

let me acknowledge I am not #1 best employee in the world. I come in late. I leave when I want.  I put a lot of things before my job.  This being said I am also the only employee that does whatever needs to be done to make this company successful.  I do daily phone operations, bookkeeping, payroll, HR compliance, PennDot compliance, IT maintenance, financing, dealership compliance, pinch hit parts sales, warranty processing and property management (my boss has other properties that are leased). I happen to work in a very specific industry but anyone who works with others can relate to what I am saying.  I have 2 co-workers who do not pull their work weight.  Both say they just don't know how to do what ever it is that needs done.  I have had this in both of the other places I work.  How is I that when some people are presented with a situation that is not readily known to them one person will dig in their heals and figure it out the other will throw their hands up and declare it can't be done (at least not by me).  Can anyone guess which one I am?  So my bottom line is if I'm doing my job and all these other jobs and now all the jobs they can't figure out, should I ask for an extra $100,000 or $200,000 per year?????

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers