Sunday, July 8, 2012

7 Habits of .....

Most of us have heard of the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey.  What I am looking for is a book on the 7 Habits of Mom's with a Clean House.  I'm pretty sure that one of the tips would be to never sleep.  See I've been cleaning for three days.  Yesterday was my son's birthday party so of course I spent Friday cleaning the normal weekly dirt and disaster.  Yesterday, party day, I cleaned all the stuff I didn't get to and thought was really to gross for non-residents of the house to experience.  Because of the heat our party was an indoor/outdoor pool party so the house was filled with water, sprinkles, cake crumbs, crushed chips, and many other miscellaneous things.  Today I have spend cleaning up party dirt and dishes.  At one point in my life I never cared about having a clean or presentable house.  I never cared if there where any clean dishes in the cupboard.  I never cared if the floor was crunchy.  And life was good but now for some reason, I think it's for my kids, I care about those things and so much more.  This is really ironic because my kids are the reason, for the most part, the house is a disaster.  The birthday boys decided to get up at 630 and play with his presents which included 2 Lego sets totalling about 300+ pieces.  I now have a lovely Lego carpet in the living room.  Which leads me to some of the other tips.  Lock your children in one room and all their toys in another only allowing them to be together for 15 minute increments several times a week.  Only buy your children one outfit and one pair of shoes.  This will not allow them to put clothing and shoes all over the floor.  On a side note it also makes getting dressed in the morning much easier.  No more what will I wear, but that's another book.  Only allow them to eat in a the bathtub or back porch that way any crumbs or spills can quickly be dealt with.  The rest of the tips are a mystery to me or how you would get your children to comply with these tips.  Personally, I have said it before and I'll say it again.  I am waiting for the Rubbermaid Corporation to start building homes.  Just imagine the easy of cleaning your favorite storage containers in a house.  Just bring out a powerful garden hose or for really big messes a power washer and have at it.  If needed you can always use your favorite spray or degreaser.  And after the soak down it can easily be wiped dry or given a little more time it would dry in no time flat.  Now that is a real tip and as soon as production starts I'm outta here.  Happy Cleaning to you all.

2 comments:

  1. If you do make a rubbermaid house, I'll be the first one to purchase one. Added benefit, if it cracks, you can fix it with a roll of duct tape.

    ReplyDelete

Followers