Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Do's and Don't for the physically fit challenged

I have never been the picture of physical fitness.  Wait I'm wrong I was born a normal weight but it went down hill from there.  As most women I have dieted on and off for most of my life.  Some things worked some didn't.  I even had on of those trendy weight loss surgeries awhile back and while I would call it successful I still didn't hit my goal and here we are years later and my body doesn't like being over weight anymore and it tells me so.  Oh yes every morning I wake up to cracks and pops and pain shooting from various appendages.  It takes my body at least 30 minutes longer to wake up than my brain and internal organs.  Several months ago I started a "life style change"  and have had some success.  My husband and I also purchased some exercise equipment.  He got a home gym and I got an elliptical machine.  Today was my first morning on the elliptical and I learned several do's and don't.  Read closely this could save someones life or at least their pride.

  • Do wear comfortable clothes.
  • Do wear a bra.  Great pain can occur when you are delirious from working out for a few minutes and body parts are flopping everywhere and they come in contact with oh lets say a hand or even worse moving handle to your exercise equipment.
  • Do take water or other beverage (preferably non alcohol) for hydration
  • Do set up a play list of uplifting music to keep you going when you want to stop.
  • Do set a goal for how long you want to exercise.
  • Do establish proper ventilation and climate control in exercise area.
  • Do establish a work out routine and stick with it.

Now the more important ones the don't!

  • Don't wear spandex or any other material that can burst into flames at a high rate of chub rub.
  • Don't work out in front of people until you have build up endurance.  After all you don't want people watching you pant like a Siberian Husky in the middle of July in Texas.
  • Don't pick an area that is dark musty and over populated by kitty litter boxes.  After the work out has ended (or you have passed out) there is a chance for your new and improved jello legs to let you down and you fall face first into lets just say a bad place.
  • Don't let your kids, or anyone else for that matter, video the workout in an effort to show you ways to improve.  Your doing just fine and don't need that type of photographic proof your an idiot.
  • Don't forget tie your shoes or thing oh I'll get them in a second because in your concentration to get to the next level you may not notice that said shoe lace has wrapped itself around a moving part and you are now stuck to your new workout equipment.  Really, really stuck.
  • Don't take yourself to serious and try to have fun with it.  After all this really is about getting healthier and laughing burns a lot of calories.  I would look up how many but I'm exhausted from my workout this morning so figure it out yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers